In this week’s top stories: A Model 3 eye-candy gallery to keep you salivating ahead of a ‘part 3’ unveiling, a first look at Elon Musk’s tunnel boring machine, Indiana is the latest to fight direct sales from automakers, Tesla introduces new maintenance plans for Model S and X, and much more.
We kick things off the ultimate Model 3 eye-candy gallery to hold you over. Tesla introduces new maintenance plans for Model S and X. And reports of Model 3 reservation holders canceling orders over Elon Musk’s link with Trump as the CEO explains his reasoning for being on the President advisory council.
Alta Motors unveils its new electric motorcycle. Elon Musk gives a first look at his new tunnel boring machine as he unveils new details about the project. Shell plans to start installing electric vehicle chargers at its gas stations. And Indiana is the latest to block direct auto sales with Tesla reportedly being ‘grandfathered in’ to avoid the ban.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Some Model 3 reservation holders claim to be canceling over Trump link
- Tesla Model 3: the ultimate eye-candy gallery to hold you over until ‘part 3 of the unveiling’
- Tesla is working on opening up its service tools and helping owners repair their own cars
- Tesla Model S P100D sets new record with 10.72-sec quarter mile w/ ‘Ludicrous+’
- Tesla introduces new maintenance plans for Model S and X
- Tesla Manager’s passionate speech against Indiana’s automaker-backed ban on direct sale
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk explains reasoning for being on President Trump’s advisory council
EV | Autonomous | Transport
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk appears to release first picture of his new tunnel boring machine
- Indiana introduces a new bill to kill Tesla’s business model in the most unsubtle way
- Tesla escapes ban in Indiana by being ‘grandfathered in’, but the state moves forward with ban
- Tesla founders-backed Alta Motors unveils new electric motorcycle
- Electric vehicle battery cost dropped 80% in 6 years down to $227/kWh
- Shell says it will start installing electric vehicle chargers at its gas stations this year
- Elon Musk speaks about Hyperloop and tunneling at SpaceX’s Hyperloop Pod Competition
Solar | Energy |
- Tesla CTO: our energy storage is growing as fast as we can humanly scale it [Gallery]
- Lithuania wants the ‘Tesla Gigafactory 2’, so they built one in Minecraft
This week’s top videos |
- Tesla Model S P100D sets new record with 10.72-sec quarter mile after ‘Ludicrous+’ software update
- Nikola Tesla test drives a Tesla Model S in latest fan-made commercial
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.