In this week’s top stories: Tesla CEO Elon Musk shares some thoughts on the upcoming Trump administration, Tesla Model 3 could soon be the most American made car, Chargepoint shows us its new 400kW charging station at CES 2017 in Las Vegas, and Ford, Faraday Future and others unveil their latest EVs and concepts at the show.
We kick things off with announcements at CES 2017 this week from Ford including its all-electric 300-mile SUV, hybrid F-150, Mustang, and more. Faraday Future reveals the “FF 91” with 1050hp, 378mi EPA range, 200kW charging, self-driving; and an estimated 2018 production start date.
Elon Musk says to expect some ‘surprising things’ from the Trump administration on renewables. And we chat with Chargepoint CEO Pasquale Romano in this week’s top video as he shows us the company’s new 400kW charging station and talks Tesla at CES.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Elon Musk on Trump: ‘I think we may see some surprising things…
- Elon Musk on Tesla Model 3: ‘Let’s keep our Model 3 powder dry on announcements’
- Tesla starts mass production of new ‘2170’ battery cell at the Gigafactory, will be used in Model 3 in Q2
- After launching his Model X into his own living room, Tesla owner launches into smear campaign
- Tesla Model 3 could soon become the ‘most American made car’ with 95% of the parts made in the US
- Tesla introduces first phase of ‘Enhanced Autopilot’…
- Tesla announces Q4 deliveries: 22,200 delivered, 24,882 produced; full-year deliveries 76,230
- Tesla is extending unlimited Supercharging for cars ordered in the next 2 weeks
EV | Autonomous |
- Chargepoint mysteriously shows a Tesla handle in their own charger in new promo video
- Ford says electric vehicles will overtake gas in 15 years, announces all-electric 300-mile SUV, hybrid F-150…
- Faraday Future reveals the “FF 91”: 1050hp, 378mi EPA range, 200kW charging, self-driving; 2018
- Faraday Future says it has received over 64,000 reservations for its FF 91 electric vehicle in 36 hours
- Majority of automotive execs still believe battery-powered cars will fail and fuel cells are the future
- Chargepoint announces 400 kW charging, adds 100 miles of electric vehicle range in less than 15 minutes
- Electrek morning green energy brief: €100/kWh for batteries, 300 ft by 1/3 mile crack in ice sheet, carbon tax rebates, and more!
This week’s top videos |
- Chargepoint CEO Pasquale Romano shows off 400kW charging station, answers questions about Tesla
- Faraday Future FF91 gets a test drive video by MKBHD, let’s try to keep an open mind