In this week’s top stories: Tesla Enhanced Autopilot gets a release date, Audi’s first all-electric vehicle heads to the moon with SpaceX, countries make bids for Tesla Gigafactory 2, the latest Chevy Bolt EV news, and much more.
We kick things up with our top Tesla news this week, including Tesla’s battery cost lead perfectly illustrated in one simple chart and a release date for Tesla’s Enhanced Autopilot update expected to arrive over the next few weeks. A Tesla Model S driver walks away from crash with a truck at ‘tremendous speed’. Tesla pushes boundaries of Michigan’s direct sales law with a new showroom. And we get your thoughts on a new Tesla Model S convertible concept.
Audi shares plans to send its first all-electric vehicle to the moon with SpaceX. GM releases the Chevy Bolt EV online design studio as a report estimates the company will lose ~$9,000 for every Chevy Bolt EV it sells before ZEV credit. And countries make bids to attract Tesla’s upcoming EU-based Gigafactory 2.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla Model S driver walks away from crash with a truck at ‘tremendous speed’
- Tesla’s battery cost lead perfectly illustrated in one simple chart
- Tesla Enhanced Autopilot to be released in ‘about 3 weeks’ with incremental monthly releases
- Tesla Model S convertible concept – Love it or hate it?
- Tesla takes a win against dealerships in Virgina: DMV rules in favor of the automaker
- Tesla pushes boundaries of Michigan’s direct sales law and opens showroom in the state
EV | Autonomous |
- Audi’s first all-electric vehicle will be shipped to the moon in a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket
- GM release the Chevy Bolt EV online design studio, cheapest long-range EV ownership yet
- Dealership association declares being ‘under attack’ by Tesla in a ridiculous wartime-like video
- Billion-dollar EV startup unveils its first models photoshopped on a Mitsubishi Outlander
- Report: GM will lose ~$9,000 for every Chevy Bolt EV it sells before ZEV credit
- 5 major automakers join forces to deploy 400 ultra-fast (350 kW) charging stations in EU
- Daimler announces $11 billion investment in electric vehicles
- George ‘geohot’ Hotz revives his aftermarket Tesla Autopilot-like product, releases new teaser
Solar | Energy |
- Gigafactory 2: countries launch efforts to attract Tesla’s new car & battery plant
- Tesla’s SolarCity announces expansion in Florida after long battle against local utilities
- Tesla giving up residential solar leasing to be in the Florida ‘sunshine’ market
- Tesla’s new solar panel factory: contractors haven’t been paid by the state for 3 months
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.