In this week’s top stories: Tesla Enhanced Autopilot gets a release date, Audi’s first all-electric vehicle heads to the moon with SpaceX, countries make bids for Tesla Gigafactory 2, the latest Chevy Bolt EV news, and much more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
We kick things up with our top Tesla news this week, including Tesla’s battery cost lead perfectly illustrated in one simple chart and a release date for Tesla’s Enhanced Autopilot update expected to arrive over the next few weeks. A Tesla Model S driver walks away from crash with a truck at ‘tremendous speed’. Tesla pushes boundaries of Michigan’s direct sales law with a new showroom. And we get your thoughts on a new Tesla Model S convertible concept.
Audi shares plans to send its first all-electric vehicle to the moon with SpaceX. GM releases the Chevy Bolt EV online design studio as a report estimates the company will lose ~$9,000 for every Chevy Bolt EV it sells before ZEV credit. And countries make bids to attract Tesla’s upcoming EU-based Gigafactory 2.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla Model S driver walks away from crash with a truck at ‘tremendous speed’
- Tesla’s battery cost lead perfectly illustrated in one simple chart
- Tesla Enhanced Autopilot to be released in ‘about 3 weeks’ with incremental monthly releases
- Tesla Model S convertible concept – Love it or hate it?
- Tesla takes a win against dealerships in Virgina: DMV rules in favor of the automaker
- Tesla pushes boundaries of Michigan’s direct sales law and opens showroom in the state
EV | Autonomous |
- Audi’s first all-electric vehicle will be shipped to the moon in a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket
- GM release the Chevy Bolt EV online design studio, cheapest long-range EV ownership yet
- Dealership association declares being ‘under attack’ by Tesla in a ridiculous wartime-like video
- Billion-dollar EV startup unveils its first models photoshopped on a Mitsubishi Outlander
- Report: GM will lose ~$9,000 for every Chevy Bolt EV it sells before ZEV credit
- 5 major automakers join forces to deploy 400 ultra-fast (350 kW) charging stations in EU
- Daimler announces $11 billion investment in electric vehicles
- George ‘geohot’ Hotz revives his aftermarket Tesla Autopilot-like product, releases new teaser
Solar | Energy |
- Gigafactory 2: countries launch efforts to attract Tesla’s new car & battery plant
- Tesla’s SolarCity announces expansion in Florida after long battle against local utilities
- Tesla giving up residential solar leasing to be in the Florida ‘sunshine’ market
- Tesla’s new solar panel factory: contractors haven’t been paid by the state for 3 months
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.