In this week’s top stories: News that Tesla is doubling Powerpack energy capacity with the Gigafactory’s new battery cells, Toyota reveals a $27,100 price tag for its Prius Prime plug-in hybrid, details on SolarCity/Tesla’s upcoming ‘Solar Roof’, and much more.
We kick off this week’s top stories with news that Tesla is doubling the energy capacity of the Powerpack with new battery cells from the Gigafactory. The company also reveals plans to double the size of the Fremont factory for Model 3 as it delivers a record-breaking 24,500 vehicles last quarter. And more details on Tesla/SolarCity’s ‘Solar Roof’ that is said to be ‘very similar’ to Forward’s solar roofing.
Toyota also announces specs and pricing for its Prius Prime plug-in hybrid, and Mercedes’ CEO talks about expectations for the company’s new all-electric EQ brand.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla is doubling the energy capacity of the Powerpack w/ new battery cells
- Tesla (TSLA) delivers a record-breaking 24,500 vehicles during the last quarter
- Tesla stock down after Goldman Sachs cuts price target, sees slower Model 3 ramp
- Tesla to deliver its largest privately-owned Supercharger station to a taxi fleet in Montreal
- Tesla Model 3 becomes latest fashionable perk to recruit new employees
- Tesla releases new ‘master plan’ to double the size of the Fremont factory to support Model 3 production
EV news |
- Tesla Model 3 vs Chevy Bolt EV: GM says reservations holders will change their minds
- Porsche’s ultra fast-charging infrastructure for the Mission E will also work with Tesla, says CEO
- Toyota Prius Prime plug-in hybrid to have a $27,100 price tag and mighty 124 MPGe
- Faraday Future developing new battery cell with LG Chem, claims highest energy density in EVs
- Mercedes CEO says Tesla is the leader in EVs right now, but new ‘EQ’ brand will be #1 by 2025
- Faraday Future is working on a maps engine for self-driving cars, hires top maps expert from Apple
- Tesla/SolarCity’s ‘Solar Roof’ is not a solar shingle but ‘very similar’ to Forward’s solar roofing
- 73-year-old Tesla Powerwall owner powers through South Australia’s state-wide blackout
This week’s top videos |
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s documentary ‘Before the Flood’ trailer: Elon Musk notes 100 Gigafactories needed
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.