In this week’s top stories: Solar costs are down 25% in five months, Tesla Gigafactory doubles in size in our September update, Mercedes unveils its all-electric ‘EQ’ brand, and much more.
We kick off this week’s top stories with our report detailing how solar power costs have dropped approximately 25% in the last five months. Reports that ‘Tesla Solar’ could invest $1 billion in an expansion in Mexico following a SolarCity merger. Elon Musk says it will likely be Tesla’s best quarter in its history, and Tesla’s Gigafactory nearly doubles in size in our latest aerial video of the facility.
Mercedes officially announces its new all-electric ‘EQ’ brand including the ‘Generation EQ’ SUV. Renault surprises with a new 2017 ZOE w/ ~200 miles of range. And Tesla co-founder Martin Eberhard helps bring a new Chinese EV company to the US.
These and much more in our top stories below.
- Solar power cost down 25% in 5 months, “There’s no reason why cost of solar will ever increase”
- ‘Tesla Solar’ could invest $1 billion in Mexico in massive expansion, says SolarCity exec
- Energy company subsidizes hundreds of Tesla Powerwalls to create ‘virtual power plant’
- SolarCity’s President is leaving after restructuring the executive team ahead of merger with Tesla
- Tesla Model S crashes into a gym, Tesla says driver’s fault
- Tesla’s paint shop is no bottleneck for Model 3, Tesla says ‘on track for 500,000 cars in 2018’
- Elon Musk says ‘likely best quarter in Tesla history’, puts a stop to discounts on new cars
- Tesla Model S P100D is not only a ’10-second car’, it beats cars like Corvette Z06 & Nissan GT-R
- A third of Tesla’s Model S orders are coming from Model 3 reservation holders, says analyst
- Some Tesla owners are paying for their Model S using car renting platforms
- Tesla settles court case with supplier over the development of the Model X’s Falcon Wing doors
- For sale: Tesla Model X P90D, Tiffany robin’s egg blue edition $188K
- New photos of Tesla’s Fremont factory show intense operations for the end of the third quarter
- Tesla Model S involved in a crash with a bus in Germany, Autopilot blamed [Updated]
- Gov Snyder: I’m open-minded to working with Tesla as long as…
- Several Tesla owners claim Model X accelerated/crashed on its own but everything points to user error
EV news |
- Mercedes announces all-electric brand ‘EQ’, unveils SUV: ‘Generation EQ’
- New battery design could bring life to all-electric, commercial airplanes
- A new Tesla Model S Hearse concept for zero-emission funerals
- Tesla co-founder Martin Eberhard resurfaces to bring a Chinese EV company to the US
- First image of NextEV’s all-electric supercar leaked: a ~1MW/1,360hp machine
- Renault surprises w/ new 2017 ZOE w/ ~200 miles of range on 41 kWh battery
- BMW unveils new i3 and i8 editions with ‘CrossFade’ paint job
- Atieva updates its all-electric van Edna, now 0-60 in 2.7s, beats everything but Tesla Model S
- Electric GT officially debuts its modified Tesla Model S for its all-electric championship
- Renault unveils stunning autonomous and all-electric GT concept: Trezor
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.