This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla shutting down Model S and Model X production shutdown, battery cost falling under $100 per kWh, Toyota missing the boat on EV, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder, we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps:
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla announces extended Model S/X production shutdown, hinting at design refresh
- Tesla announces new CCS charging adapter but North America launch still unclear
- Tesla is upgrading Model 3 and Model Y headlights with more powerful and precise beam
- Electric vehicle battery cost officially dips under critical $100/kWh price point but there’s a catch
- Amazon’s Zoox unveils its autonomous electric vehicle with massive battery pack
- Subaru announces all-electric Forester-size vehicle and you won’t believe when it’s coming
- Toyota CEO shows lack of vision, spreads EV misinformation, and spells the end for the automaker
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4 p.m. ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.