This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including the Nikola and GM partnership, the unveiling of the Lucid Air, Tesla exporting the Model 3 made-in-China exports, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder, we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to Apple Podcasts here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Nikola (NKLA) announces deal with GM to engineer and produce its electric/hydrogen pickup truck, and more
- Nikola’s (NKLA) house of cards crumbles as GM acts like nothing is happening
- Lucid launches Air electric sedan, unveils production design and full specs
- Tesla to export Model 3 made-in-China cars, something Elon Musk said they wouldn’t do
- Tesla (TSLA) excluded from S&P 500 reshuffle despite being worth 9x all 3 new firms combined
- Tesla (TSLA) crashes, announces completion of capital raise
- Tesla aims for ‘first completion’ of Gigafactory Texas in May 2021
- Uber announces $800 million to accelerate transition to electric cars, but only aims for 100% electric by 2040
- GM partners with Uber to help drivers buy Chevy Bolt EV with deep discounts
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4 p.m. ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.