This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including some Tesla Pickup truck talk, the Tesla-Panasonic relationship hitting some hardship, the new Chevy Bolt EV 2020, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is back live every Friday at 12pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 1pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla electric pickup truck unveiling is still planned for next month
- Elon Musk says Tesla Pickup truck looks even more ‘Blade Runner-esque’ than this
- Ford copies Tesla Supercharger design, but it should copy its charging business model
- Tesla-Panasonic relationship hits hard times as Tesla moves to make its own batteries
- Tesla quietly acquires battery production expert in push to make its own cells
- Tesla is integrating Maxwell’s ultracapacitor business, but will it end up in its cars?
- Tesla is installing Powerpacks at Superchargers affected by power outages
- Dyson gives up multi-billion-dollar electric car project, says it’s not viable
- Toyota does electrification backward, unveils RAV4 PHEV when it used to have all-electric version
We are driving the new 259 mile range 2020 Chevy Bolt today from Seattle to Portland. Any questions for us? pic.twitter.com/XDXHqWEXyy
— Electrek.Co (@ElectrekCo) October 10, 2019
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 12:00pm ET (or the video after 1:00pm ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.