This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla launching a large new capital raise, reviving its solar business, launching new safety features, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla (TSLA) files cap raise up to $2.3B, CEO Elon Musk in for $10M
- Tesla (TSLA) increases capital raise up to $2.7 billion, now Elon Musk wants to contribute $25 million
- Tesla’s value will grow 10x to $500 billion due to its self-driving tech, says Elon Musk
- Tesla plans to revive solar business by undercutting everyone with <$2 per watt systems
- Tesla Powerwall to replace meter in new trial program with electric utility
- Tesla releases new active safety features powered by Autopilot
- Tesla increases price of Full Self-Driving in move to make its cars ’appreciating assets’
- Tesla launches cheaper Model 3 with 150km range in Canada to get $5,000 incentive
- Tesla is not allowing range upgrade on new 150 km Model 3 in Canada – BUYER BEWARE
- Tesla launches Model 3 RHD in UK, starting at £38,000
- Tesla designs new sunroof with electrical tint and integrated lighting system
- Tesla warns of upcoming shortages of battery minerals, like nickel, copper, & lithium
- Hyundai upgrades IONIQ Electric with significantly bigger battery and design refresh
- Avengers movie adds gas engine sound to Audi’s electric e-tron in product placement fail
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.