Tesla CEO Elon Musk hasn’t been coy regarding his wish to gamify the Tesla experience and introduce more games to the automaker’s vehicles.
They started with the addition of Atari games in their most recent version 9 software update, and Tesla has now even produced a fun retro commercial for what it calls Teslatari.
Tesla has a long history of introducing easter eggs in its vehicle software.
Previous examples include:
- Tesla hid a new easter egg in the 8.1 software update: a sketch pad
- Tesla hid a new Christmas Easter egg in latest software update
- The map showing your Tesla on Mars with a SpaceX spacecraft
- The Tesla control panel shows James Bond’s (now Elon Musk’s) Underwater Lotus
- The new sketch pad Easter Egg
But with version 9, Tesla went with an old-school gaming theme by introducing an emulator of Atari games from the 70s and 80s.
On Instagram, Tesla released a video with a nostalgic 80s video commercial feel:
‘Teslatari’ is apparently only the beginning of the automakers venture into games inside its vehicles.
They want to add more Atari games to the emulator, but Musk has also made clear they plan to add other games from other companies as well.
The CEO also said that Tesla is working on ‘car karaoke’ mode with the version 10 software update, which doesn’t have a clear release date yet since the automaker has just started rolling out version 9.
Here you can watch a quick demonstration of Teslatari in a Model 3 – subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for more videos soon.