Tesla has launched a new round of its owner referral program and it includes new prizes including ‘early access to software updates’ and sending a picture of your choosing into deep space orbit.
The incentive to use an owner’s referral code remains the same.
As we previously reported, it was downgraded this month from unlimited free Supercharging to $100 Supercharging credit with the purchase of a new Model S, Model X or Model 3.
But some of the prizes owners get for referring buyers have now changed
Most of them are the same except for number 1 and 4:
- 1 Qualifying Referral: Launch Your Photo into Deep Space Orbit We’ll laser-etch any image onto glass and send it into deep space orbit for millions of years. Refer more friends while you wait for an alien race to discover your payload.
- 2 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for each of their second referral.
- Signature Black Wall Connector This matte black Wall Connector is exclusive to the Referral Program and includes an etch of Elon’s signature.
- Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kids Share the Tesla experience of this miniature drivable electric Model S – including working headlights, a sound system and a charge port, just like yours. You can configure the Model S for Kids to keep or donate it to a local children’s charity.
- 3 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for their third referral.
- 21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S or 22” Turbine Wheels for Model X Enhance the performance of your Tesla with these exclusive wheels.
- One Week with Model S or Model X Experience a new Model S or Model X for one week—at home or on the road. If you do not use this award, this exclusive test drive may be given to a friend.
- 4 Qualifying Referrals: Priority Access to Vehicle Software Updates Be the first to experience the latest Tesla software updates with priority access to selected releases.
- 5 Qualifying Referrals: Tesla Unveiling Invitation Experience an official unveiling event. Owners who reach five referral orders will be invited to a future unveiling event. Your VIP invitation will be valid for you and one guest.
I like the picture in deep space one. It appears to be yet another collaboration with SpaceX and it is certainly original, but I don’t know how I feel about people getting software updates early by referring to new buyers.
The software updates and new features that come with them are part of the Tesla ownership experience and I’m not sure some owners should be prioritized because they can sell more cars.
That said, I selfishly like it because if I can get the 4 referrals, I’ll be able to document the new updates on my car sooner. Tesla often gradually rolls out new updates and my Tesla vehicles don’t appear to be on top of the list.
What do you think? Let us know in the comment section below.
If you’re looking for a Tesla referral code, you can use our code.√ You will get $100 Supercharging credit with the purchase of a new Model S, Model X or Model 3 until December 10.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.