Only a few weeks after announcing a deal with the Shanghai government to build a local factory, Tesla has now started hiring personnel to build what is now known as Gigafactory 3.
Tesla has listed 14 positions so far having to do with Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai.
Most positions have to do with planning the construction of the factory, including hiring an architectural designer, financial planner, buyers, an engineering director, and more.
It would be fair to say that it still very early in the planning process since the responsibilities of some of these positions involve the development of “conceptual designs” for the building:
“Participate in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production.”
Here’s a list of all the positions on Tesla’s website for Gigafactory 3:
- Architectural Designer, Gigafactory
- Associate General Counsel
- Civil Engineer, Gigafactory
- Director, EPC Engineering
- Electrical Designer, Gigafactory
- Government Affairs Project Manager
- Industrial Engineer, Factory Design, Gigafactory
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Building Infrastructure, Gigafactory
- Plumbing and Mechanical Design Engineer, Gigafactory
- Project Control Manager
- Senior Contracts & Procurement Manager, Gigafactory
- Senior Finance Manager
- Senior Manager, Construction, Gigafactory
- Structural Design Engineer, Gigafactory
Last month, Tesla said that it expects “construction to begin in the near future” and that it “will take roughly two years” until they start producing vehicles and “then another two to three years before the factory is fully ramped up to produce around 500,000 vehicles per year for Chinese customers.”
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has previously said that all future gigafactories will produce both complete vehicles and the battery cells needed to build those vehicles.
During Tesla’s earnings call last week, Musk said that Tesla expects to spend about $2 billion to quickly bring Gigafactory 3 to a production rate of about 250,000 vehicles per year before ramping up to full capacity.
In order to finance the factory, he said that Tesla plans to raise debt locally.
if you know anything about Tesla Gigafactory 3, you can reach out to me via wickr: fredev, Twitter: @FredericLambert, or email: email@example.com.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.