Tesla managed to accumulate over 450,000 Model 3 reservations and most of the people who did reserve, they did it without ever seeing the car in person.
They will soon have the opportunity as Tesla significantly expands its Model 3 display fleet with 17 new stores today and more to come soon.
The automaker started introducing the Model 3 to its retail locations slowly with a few new stores per week every few weeks.
It added up to 35 stores this week.
Now the new electric car is going to be at over 50 locations by the end of the day.
Tesla announced 17 new stores today:
- Burlingame, California
- Dublin-Amador Plaza, California
- Glendale – Americana at Brand, California
- Mission Viejo-Shops at Mission Viejo, California
- Santa Barbara-Hitchcock Way, California
- San Diego – Fashion Valley, California
- Sunnyvale, California
- Lone Tree-Park Meadows, Colorado
- Boca Raton-Town Center at Boca Raton, Florida
- Honolulu-Ala Moana Center, Hawaii
- Chicago-Westmont, Illinois
- Baltimore-Owings Mills, Maryland
- Cleveland-Lyndhurst, Ohio
- Manhasset-Americana Manhasset, New York
- Brooklyn-Van Brunt Street, New York
- Dallas-Northpark Center, Texas
- McLean-Tysons Corner, Virginia
The company also has 6 other stores listed as “coming soon” for a Model 3 display.
At Tesla’s shareholder meeting earlier this month, CEO Elon Musk mentioned that Tesla is planning to expand the display fleet and also start to build a Model 3 test drive fleet as soon as this month.