This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including a dive into Tesla’s Q1 2018 results, a look at Tesla’s proposed settlement of an Autopilot class action lawsuit, Nikola Motors suing over the design of its electric truck, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
Today, we are joined by special guest Galileo Russell, a financial analyst with Youtube channel covering TSLA and the star of Tesla’s earnings call as the representative for retail investors.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla (TSLA) releases Q1 results: record revenue of $3.4 billion – still wide losses
- Tesla gives update on Model 3 production: battery module now OK, focus on automation update
- Tesla claims Model 3 is about to become the best-selling mid-size premium sedan in the US – electric or not
- Tesla Semi production version will have closer to 600 miles of range, says Elon Musk
- Tesla’s upcoming Model Y will be ‘a manufacturing revolution’ in 2020, says Elon Musk
- Tesla releases rare details about Model 3’s battery cells, claims highest energy density and less cobalt
- Tesla throws cold water on Porsche’s faster charging, says Supercharger to max out at ~250 KW
- Tesla shakes off a bunch of TSLA investors in 6% drop as Elon Musk drives wedge with Wall Street
- Elon Musk tries to justify cutting off analysts on Tesla’s earnings call in series of tweets
- Elon Musk warns people betting against Tesla of a ‘next level short burn of the century’
- Tesla agrees to partially reimburse people who bought Autopilot 2.0 in $5 million settlement of class action lawsuit
- Tesla is hit by $2 billion patent troll case from Nikola Motors over the design of the Tesla Semi
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.