In this week’s top stories: The latest Model 3 sightings and production news, Autopilot 2.0 improvements, Bolt EV inventory woes, next-gen Leaf and BMW i3 reports, solar news, and much more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
This week we get a rare look at the interior of Model 3 including the backseat as the company’s VP of Engineering shows off electric power seats on a production unit. Musk all but kills the possibility of a solar roof option for the upcoming vehicle. And Tesla pushes a new Autopilot 2.0 update with a truly ‘silky smooth’ control algorithm.
GM temporarily shuts down its Chevy Bolt EV factory as inventory piles up. The Nissan next-gen Leaf reportedly has an ‘e-Pedal’ feature for one-pedal driving with regenerative braking. Rumor has it BMW’s next-gen i3 will feature close to 200 miles range. And Apple is reportedly working on electric car batteries with China’s biggest battery maker.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk virtually kills the possibility of a solar roof option
- Tesla Model 3: rare look at the interior with picture of the backseat
- Tesla driver recants blame on Autopilot in Minnesota accident
- Tesla pushes new Autopilot 2.0 update with truly ‘silky smooth’ control algorithm
- Tesla Model 3: better look at new midnight silver as more production units are spotted
- Tesla Model 3: VP of Engineering shows off electric power seats on production unit
- Tesla sends out Model 3 Delivery Event invites to select few owners
- Tesla is working on a new software update to help prevent theft after spike in stolen Teslas in Europe
- Chevy Bolt EV inventories are piling up, GM temporarily shuts down factory
- Elon Musk’ Boring Company plans underground Hyperloop for New York-DC in ’29 mins’
- Nissan next-gen Leaf has ‘e-Pedal’ feature for one-pedal driving with regenerative braking
- Electric car sales reach 40% growth in the US and it’s about to blow up
- BMW is rumored to launch new i3 with close to 200 miles of range
- Apple is reportedly working on electric car batteries with China’s biggest battery maker
Solar | Energy
- Tesla executive in charge of solar roof is leaving the company ahead of the launch
- A look at Tesla Gigafactory 1 from space over the last year
- Tesla is building a massive new structure at its Fremont factory
- EGEB: Microsoft ditching Puget Sound Energy, $1,000,000,000,000 solar market, more