In this week’s top stories: Our exclusive look at Tesla’s plans for the largest EV charging station ever, Model 3 production unit, VW all-electric pricing, China’s EV mandate, solar news and more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
This week a number of Tesla Model 3 production units surface including pictures of the very first production unit at the factory, a comparison of a pre-alpha prototype with the production unit, a new gray color, and the first video including a glimpse of the interior. We take an exclusive look at Tesla’s plan to build largest EV charging station in the world. And Tesla Next Gen Roadster makes an appearance in the company’s referral program.
Most automakers (except for Tesla) ask China to slow down its electric car mandate. VW says its Tesla Model 3-fighter will be $7,000 to $8,000 cheaper as it starts building its massive EV charging network. Panasonic starts hiring workers for the production of solar cells for Tesla Solar Roof. And SolarEdge unveils a new home electric car charger integrated with a solar inverter.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Exclusive look at Tesla’s plan to build largest EV charging station in the world
- Tesla Model 3: pictures of the very first production unit at the factory
- Tesla Model 3: comparison of pre-alpha prototype vs new production unit
- Tesla Model 3 spotted with a new color: Gray
- Tesla starts building larger Supercharger stations in the US
- Tesla Next Gen Roadster 10% discount appears in referral program, free at 50 referrals
- Virtually all automakers (except for Tesla) are asking China to slow down electric car mandate
- VW says its Tesla Model 3-fighter will be $7,000 to $8,000 cheaper
- Tesla vs State of Michigan: car dealers fear disclosure of their role in banning Tesla’s sales
- Porsche installs first ultra-fast 350 kW EV charging station
- VW starts building its massive EV charging network under ‘Electrify America’
Solar | Energy
- Large US electric utility Southern Company starts deploying Tesla Powerpacks
- SolarEdge unveils new home electric car charger integrated with a solar inverter
- VW sees a need for 40 Gigafactory-size battery factories by 2025
- Tesla Solar Roof: Panasonic is hiring 300 workers for the production of solar cells
This week’s top videos |
- First video of Tesla Model 3 production unit with glimpse of the interior
- Tesla demonstrates its new 7-seat Model X with fold-flat second row configuration