In this week’s top stories: Tesla Model 3 production and pricing details, France’s petrol and diesel ban, VW’s new EV research car, Chevy Bolt sales, and the latest solar news.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
New aerial shots of Gigafactory 1 show lots of activity this week as Tesla Model 3 production officially kicks off two weeks ahead of schedule. The latest pricing data from reservation holders shows the average sale price and budget for Model 3 will be close to $50,000. And Tesla upgrades its electric motors on the road to have powertrains lasting 1 million miles and also introduces new performance enhancements to Model S and Model X.
VW unveils an all-electric research car with 250 miles of range and mobile charging robots. GM’s Chevy Bolt EV sales increase to new high of 1,642 units. Norway gets a boost from Model X sales and reaches a record 42% EVs for new car sales. France announces a ban on petrol and diesel cars with plans to go all-electric by 2040. And we give you the latest solar and energy news as Tesla wins a contract for a massive 100/129 MWh Powerpack system in Australia.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla upgrades its electric motor on the road to have powertrains lasting 1 million miles
- Tesla Model 3 production starts Friday, two weeks ahead of schedule, says Elon Musk
- Tesla Gigafactory 1: new aerial shot shows lots of activity as it starts Model 3 production
- A peek inside Tesla’s secretive Model 3 production line
- Tesla introduces new performance enhancements to Model S and Model X
- Tesla Model 3: new production plan’s effect on $7,500 federal tax credit
- Tesla obtains design patents on Model 3 wheels
- Tesla’s stock (TSLA) tumbles as Goldman Sachs claims Model S/X demand peaked
- Tesla Model 3 average sale price and budget to be closer to $50,000 based on latest data
- Electric cars reach record 42% of Norway’s total new car sales with boost from Tesla Model X
- A look at Tesla Model X vs Faraday Future’s FF91
- VW unveils all-electric research car with 250 miles of range and mobile charging robots
- GM’s Chevy Bolt EV sales increase to new high of 1,642 units
- France announces ban on petrol and diesel cars in 2040 – going all-electric
Solar | Energy
- Solar power plant lights up abandoned nuclear project
- EGEB: Wind turbines hackable, Michigan says solar doesn’t cost grid, long live Perovskite, more
- Tesla wins contract for massive 100/129 MWh Powerpack system in Australia
This week’s top videos |
- Tesla Model 3 fan produces customizable augmented reality version of the vehicle
- New EV Cannonball record set in a Tesla Model S
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.