In this week’s top stories: The latest Model 3 configurations and sightings, Chevy Bolt vs Tesla Model S, Tesla’s solar roof tile sales, Daimler‘s new EV battery factory, and more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
This week we get Model 3 configuration details with approximately 100 configs planned compared to Model S’ more than 1,500. A first look at Tesla Model 3’s charge port while Supercharging surfaces. And we get a great look at a new black Model 3 release candidate as well as another being tested with roof racks.
Seth gives the rundown on 10 things he likes better on the new 2017 Chevy Bolt vs his 2013 Tesla Model S. Fred breaks down everything we know about Tesla’s upcoming all-electric truck. Daimler unveils its own new battery Gigafactory for electric vehicles. And Tesla’s solar roof tiles sell out ‘well into 2018’ as Tesla plans an in-car app for solar roof/Powerwall monitoring.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla says Model 3 will have fewer than 100 configurations to Model S’ more than 1,500
- Tesla Model 3: great look at new black release candidate
- First look at Tesla Model 3’s charge port while Supercharging
- Look inside Tesla’s onboard Nvidia supercomputer for self-driving
- Tesla Model 3 spotted testing with roof racks
- Tesla Model 3 spotted with ‘Signature Red’ color – Elon Musk’s ‘something special’?
- Tesla Semi: everything we know about Tesla’s upcoming all-electric truck
EV | Autonomous |
- 10 things I like better on the new 2017 Chevy Bolt vs my 2013 Tesla Model S
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company releases new images of its electric vehicle concept for passengers
- Tesla’s Model S outsells Mercedes S-Class, Porsche Panamera, and BMW 6/7 Series combined in the US
- Tesla snaps up few engineers and designers from Faraday Future as they jump ship
- Daimler unveils its own new battery Gigafactory for electric vehicles
- Southern California Edison offers $450 credit to any EV/PHEV drivers
Solar | Energy |
- Tesla’s solar roof tiles are already sold out ‘well into 2018’
- EGEB: Solar+storage 4.5¢/kWh, Hanwha 18.6% solar panel, nanowires, more
- Tesla to release in-car app for solar roof/Powerwall monitoring, says Elon Musk
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.