In this week’s top stories: Model 3 prototype sightings, Tesla’s new body shop repair standards, EV news from Toyota, Volvo, Ford, Nissan and more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
We kick things off this week with the latest Tesla Model 3 sightings including some new high-res shots of prototypes in both blue and silver and one that appears to show interior wood trims. Tesla releases new body shop program standards and cost of equipment. Toyota’s CEO shares the company’s latest vision for its EVs and talks Tesla. And we get a look at what Tesla’s Autopilot 2.0 can see with its 8 cameras.
Nissan starts teasing the next generation Leaf with the first official picture. Volvo credits Tesla for creating EV demand, and says it will stop developing diesel engines to focus on EVs. Ford’s first all-electric vehicle will be affordable and mass-produced with ‘over 300 miles of range’. And we take a look at the BMW i3 in our Electrek Long Review this week to see how it’s holding up years later against the current crop of EV competitors.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
EV | Autonomous |
- Volvo credits Tesla for creating EV demand, will stop developing diesel engines
- Toyota CEO on Tesla: ‘what they are producing is something close to an iPhone’
- Here’s what Tesla’s Autopilot 2.0 can see with its 8 cameras
- Hack of Tesla Autopilot gives insight into back-end of Tesla’s semi-autonomous system
- Ford’s first all-electric will have ‘over 300 miles’, be affordable & mass-produced
- Nissan starts teasing the next generation Leaf – releases first picture
Solar | Energy |
- Solar-powered eBikes could contribute to Africa’s economic development
- Mercedes partners with Vivint on home batteries for solar to compete with Tesla/SolarCity
- EGEB: $600M of solar savings in 1 day, Virginia carbon cap, Residential solar down 17%, more
- SolarCity’s CEO is leaving Tesla as the company absorbs the solar installer
- Tesla releases new body shop program standards and cost of equipment
- Tesla is going to ‘kill’ the auto industry with Elon Musk’s way of thinking about manufacturing
- Tesla shows first picture of Model 3 body-in-white
- Tesla Model 3: new high-res shots of the latest silver release candidate spotted
- Tesla Model 3: great new high-res look at blue release candidate next to the Model S
- Tesla should unveil its electric pickup truck and open reservations right away
- Tesla Model 3: new pictures of release candidate shows interior wood trims
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.