In this week’s top stories: Tesla’s Solar Roof launch, Model 3 margins, EV news from VW, Jaguar, and e.Go Mobile, and much more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
We kick things off this week with Tesla’s launch of its Solar Roof tiles. The company begins taking orders for the product starting with black smooth and textured tiles as it confirms new details including an ‘infinity warranty’. And it also announces new electric grid services by bundling Powerwalls and Powerpacks.
VW’s CEO says this electric car can ‘surpass’ the Tesla Model 3. German startup e.Go Mobile starts taking orders for a slick new ~$17,000 all-electric city car. Tesla says they doubled lifetime of batteries in its products 4 years ahead of time and explains why it limits Supercharging speed. And an all-electric Jaguar I-Pace production design prototype is spotted ahead of launch.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
Solar | Energy |
- Tesla releases details of its solar roof tiles: cheaper than regular roof with ‘infinity warranty’
- Tesla is opening Solar Roof orders today, starting with black smooth and textured tiles
- Tesla solar roof tiles: a shocking amount of technology in the connectors, says Musk
- Tesla announces new electric grid services by bundling Powerwalls and Powerpacks
- Tesla says they doubled lifetime of batteries in its products 4 years ahead of time
- Tesla explains why it limits Supercharging speed after high numbers of DC charges
- Tesla’s gross margin on the Model 3 could be a game changer in the auto industry
- Tesla Model 3: new red release candidate spotted at Tesla HQ
EV | Autonomous |
- VW CEO says that this electric car can ‘surpass’ the Tesla Model 3
- German startup starts taking orders for slick new ~$17,000 all-electric city car
- China’s GAC announces giant $6.5 billion electric vehicle industrial park
- Upcoming all-electric Jaguar I-Pace production design prototype spotted ahead of launch
This week’s top videos |
- Watch Tesla Model 3 prototype being chased around Palo Alto during testing
- Watch Tesla’s latest Autopilot 2.0 software handling on roads off highway
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.