In this week’s top stories: TSLA earnings, Tesla Model Y details, Model 3 reservation data, more Gigafactories, and the latest solar and energy news.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
We kick things off this week with the latest Model 3 release candidate and prototype sightings (including a new 4k video) and we also get new data on reservation numbers. Musk confirms Tesla Model Y details, announcing the all-electric crossover is coming in ‘late 2019 or 2020’ on new platform. And Tesla (TSLA) announces its Q1 2017 earnings with record revenue of $2.7 billion as it misses on earnings.
We break down 10 electric vehicle benefits you might not know about…but should. Nissan execs talk next-gen LEAF electric range, predicting~215 to 340 miles over the next 2 years. Tesla plans a new section to Gigafactory 1 in Nevada as well as ‘probably 4’ more Gigafactories coming this year. And the company closes an equity sale of 38,000 residential solar installations from SolarCity.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla Model 3: new white release candidate shows clear design lines
- Tesla Model 3: prototype spotted being covered while Supercharging
- Tesla (TSLA) announces Q1 2017 earnings: record revenue of $2.7 billion, miss on earnings
- Tesla says Model 3 reservations are increasing weekly – but overall deposits decreasing
- Tesla Model Y electric crossover coming ‘late 2019 or 2020’ on new platform
- Tesla Model S prototype spotted with two steering wheels
EV | Autonomous |
- Electric GT’s Tesla Model S race car crashed during testing
- 10 electric vehicle benefits you might not know about…but should
- Tesla’s plan for level 5 fully autonomous driving: 2 years away from sleeping in the car
- Nissan exec talks about next-gen LEAF electric range: ~215 to 340 miles over the next 2 years
Solar | Energy |
- Tesla battery researcher unveils new chemistry to increase lifecycle at high voltage
- Tesla to start adding a new section to Gigafactory 1 in Nevada – new building permits
- Tesla to announce not ‘2 or 3’, but ‘probably 4’ more Gigafactories this year
- Tesla (TSLA) closes equity sale of 38,000 residential solar installations from SolarCity
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe the podcast.