In this week’s top stories: Tesla Model 3 release candidate and final production news, Model S prototype and next-gen Nissan LEAF sightings, an EV sales crash prediction from Edmunds, the world’s largest solar+battery project, and much more.
We kick things off this week with the best look yet at the new blue Tesla Model 3 release candidate. A Tesla Model S prototype with new sensors is spotted in California. And Elon Musk confirms a Tesla Semi all-electric truck will be unveiled in September.
A Nissan LEAF next-gen prototype is spotted as the company heavily discounts the current LEAF with special deals ahead of the new vehicle. GM says it now offers Chevy Bolt EV lease ‘nationwide’ for $329. And Faraday Future, Honda, and VW tease new vehicles as Edmunds predicts an electric car sales crash due to the end of the federal tax credit.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla Model 3: best pictures of the new blue release candidate
- Tesla Model 3 could set the charging standard for electric vehicles
- Tesla Model S prototype with new sensors spotted in California
- Tesla Semi all-electric truck to be unveiled in September and be ‘next level’, says Elon Musk
- Tesla has now 8 vehicle programs in the works: an updated look at its planned vehicle lineup
- Tesla Model 3 final production unveil is planned for July, confirms Elon Musk
EV | Autonomous |
- Nissan LEAF next-gen: New photos of heavily camouflaged prototype emerge in Germany
- Nissan is heavily discounting the LEAF with special deals for just ~$13,000 ahead of next-generation
- GM says it now offers Chevy Bolt EV lease ‘nationwide’ for $329, but good luck getting it
- Electric car sales crash is predicted by Edmunds due to the end of the federal tax credit
- Faraday Future shows a more badass-looking all-electric FF91 beta prototype
- Honda debuts all-electric and plug-in electric versions of its Clarity sedan
- VW announces new all-electric crossover with ‘Autopilot mode’ to be unveiled next week
Solar | Energy |
- Tesla unveils its new ‘sleek and low-profile’ exclusive solar panel made by Panasonic
- World’s largest solar+battery project announced in South Australia
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.