In this week’s top stories: The latest Tesla Model 3 news and a prototype sighting, an Autopilot 2.0 update, Gigafactory battery production plans, and EV news from Detroit Electric and Nissan.
We kick things off this week with a new Autopilot 2.0 update from Tesla that increases speed limits. Tesla Model 3 gets a rare prototype sighting near SpaceX. The company’s new longest range vehicle (100D) is waiting on an EPA approval. And Elon Musk says Gigafactory could deliver 100+ MWh in 100 days.
VW CEO admits Tesla’s success changed the company’s plans for the new electric Phaeton. Detroit Electric gets a $1.8 billion investment from China to recreate Tesla’s strategy. Nissan plans to unveil the next-gen LEAF with 200+ miles of range in September. And we get a look at the first Hyperloop full scale test track in this week’s top video.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Tesla Superchargers don’t need $8 billion to match gas stations thanks to home charging
- Tesla Model 3: rare prototype sighting near SpaceX
- Tesla’s new longest range vehicle (100D) is being held back until EPA approval
- Tesla increases Autopilot 2.0 speed limits with latest update
- Tesla developing IT tools in collaboration w/ SpaceX, hires CIO from Juniper
- Tesla reveals how it hides its ultrasonic sensors in a new patent application
EV | Autonomous |
- Tesla made it difficult for hacker to buy Model S and use his own software for Autopilot
- Tesla Model S’ success screwed VW’s plans for the new electric Phaeton, CEO admits
- Detroit Electric gets $1.8 billion investment from China to recreate Tesla’s strategy
- Mazda says it feels ‘no pressure’ from customers to make electric vehicles
- Nissan says it will unveil next-gen LEAF with 200+ miles of range in September, ship it soon after
Solar | Energy |
- Former Tesla execs plan Gigafactory in EU to bring battery cost down below $100/kwh
- Tesla Gigafactory and Faraday Future deals under scrutiny from Nevada State Treasurer
- Tesla Gigafactory: Elon Musk shows confidence in new battery production, says could deliver 100+ MWh
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.