In this week’s top stories: Elon Musk meets w/ Donald Trump at the President-elect’s tech summit after joining his Strategic and Policy Forum, Tesla SuperChargers introduce an idle fee, USA installs a record amount of solar power, and much more.
We kick things off with details from within Elon Musk’s meeting with Donald Trump. Tesla introduces a $0.40/minute idle fee for Superchargers to incentivize users to move after charging. And we show you how Tesla’s new radar technology for Autopilot is already saving owners from accidents as the company starts adding features to new Autopilot cars in order to match the older version.
Lucid unveils its electric sedan called ‘Air’ with 400 miles of range. The first electric vehicle DC fast-charging station capable of 350 kW output breaks ground in California. And USA installs a record amount of solar power.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Elon Musk to Donald Trump: ‘We build rockets, cars, and solar stuff
- Tesla introduces $0.40/minute idle fee for Superchargers
- Tesla will start cracking down on Supercharger abuse, says CEO Elon Musk
- Tesla’s hacked Battery Management System exposes the real usable capacity of its battery packs
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk arrives at Trump Tower, will meet privately with Donald Trump
- Tesla starts adding features to new Autopilot cars in order to match the older version
- Tesla finally settles with disgruntled Model S P85D owners in Norway, offers cash or upgrades
EV | Autonomous |
- Tesla’s new radar technology for Autopilot is already saving owners from accidents
- Apple co-founder Steve Woz didn’t replace his Tesla w/ a Chevy Bolt after all
- Lucid unveils its electric sedan called ‘Air’: 400 miles of range, 1000 hp, ‘autonomous-ready’
- Lucid Motors claims it will have first electric car battery pack bigger than Tesla’s
- The first electric vehicle DC fast-charging station capable of 350 kW output breaks ground in California
Solar | Energy |
- USA installs record amount of solar power – 191% growth – ignoring Trump’s ‘Chinese Hoax’
- Tesla’s stock (TSLA) surges while short interest reaches all-time high after SolarCity merger
- Tesla & Panasonic working on deal to reopen Osaka factory, supply solar panels to SolarCity
- Rooftop solar could provide 25% of US electricity needs (up from <1%), study says
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.