While the attention around Tesla is mainly on the upcoming announcement on Wednesday and the event with SolarCity on October 28, there also have been talks through Tesla investor channels about an upcoming event at the Tesla Gigafactory on January 4, 2017.
Today Tesla confirmed the event during which investors will have a chance to visit the plant, similar to the event for the media and Tesla owners back in July, and see where a lot of their money is going.
The Gigafactory should be a lot more interesting to visit in January 2017 than it was back in July 2016 and therefore, we expect a lot of interesting information to come out of the event.
Baird’s Tesla analyst, Ben Kallo, referred to it as a possible catalyst for Tesla in the coming months.
By the time of the event, Panasonic’s battery cell production would be expected to have started at the Gigafactory and we recently learned that Tesla is building new ‘drive unit production lines’ at the plant.
If those new production lines are up by then, it means that we could possibly learn more about the Model 3 through its drive unit production.
It certainly makes for a lot of interesting upcoming events for Tesla:
- October 19: mysterious product announcement
- October 26: Q3 financial results
- October 28: unveiling event with SolarCity for solar roof, Tesla Powerwall 2.0 and Tesla charger
- November 1: New information about financial aspects of the merger with SolarCity
- November 17: Special shareholders meeting to vote on the merger
- January 4: special event for investors at the Gigafactory
That’s 6 events in the next 3 months and we wouldn’t be surprised if there a few more things revealed in December.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.