In this week’s top stories: A first look at Tesla’s v8.0 software update, VW’s electric range claims, and a Tesla Model S P100D takes on a $200,000 Lamborghini Huracan in this week’s top video.
We kick things off with Tesla’s v8.0 software update, giving you a first look at the overhauled UI, improved Autopilot visualization, and other new features. We also show you how to get access to the update in your car faster and give you a breakdown on the new Autopilot restrictions in the update.
We move onto to the week’s top EV news including the latest on the new Chevy Bolt EV. The Tesla Model S P100D officially dethrones a few competitors. And VW offers up some misleading electric range claims to make its upcoming vehicles compare favorably to Tesla.
These and the rest of this week’s stop stories below:
Tesla v8.0 |
- First look at Tesla v8.0 software update w/ UI overhaul, improved Autopilot visualisation, more
- Tesla v8.0 software update is being pushed right now, all the details
- PSA: how to get access to the Tesla v8.0 software update in your car faster
- Tesla Autopilot ‘nags’ and restrictions under v8.0 software update – breakdown
- VW can’t stop/won’t stop cheating: fudges electric range numbers
- Tesla Model S P100D officially dethrones Toyota Mirai for zero emission cars
- Tesla is in full ‘end-of-the-quarter push’, more inventory cars & buyer discounts
- Tesla goes on the offensive in Michigan, sues Gov Snyder over ban on direct sales
- Electric GT unveils its modified Tesla Model S for its all-electric & all-Tesla racing championship
- Tesla Energy exec talks ‘next gen inverter’, hints at Vehicle-to-Grid capacity for Tesla
- Chevy Bolt EV: $750 DC fast-charging option, two trims starting at $37,500
- Renault is reportedly about to unveil a new all-electric Zoe with ~200 miles of range
- Tesla Semi: the automaker hired several engineers from Daimler’s ‘SuperTruck’ program
- Tesla Model S prototype with Velodyne Lidar sensor spotted in Palo Alto
- The Chevy Bolt EV will be significantly cheaper in Canada, and include DC fast-charging
- First Tesla Model S remotely controlled by hackers, Tesla already pushed a fix
- Mechanical engineering student converts a 1969 VW Karmann Ghia into an all-electric classic
- Faraday Future is building a fleet of prototypes, more vehicles spotted testing in the wild
- Forward Labs shows how a SolarCity/Tesla roof could look better than a traditional roof
- Tesla aims to unveil ‘Solar Roof’, next gen Powerwall and new Tesla charger on October 28
- Tesla integration of home charging station + energy storage + solar will change everything
- Tesla (TSLA) is fighting 4 different lawsuits from stockholders over the SolarCity merger
This week’s top video |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.