After a few delays leading to production, Electra Meccanica appears to be ready to bring its all-electric three-wheeler, the SOLO, to market. The Vancouver-based company now scheduled the launch for September 9th, 2016 and the company now lists an official MSRP of $19,888 CAD ($15,150 USD) for the 2017 SOLO.
The vehicle could prove to be an interesting opportunity for a cheap entry in EV ownership. Here’s the company listed specs:
- 8.64 kWh Lithium Ion
- 220 & 110 Volt Charging
- 3 hours 220V / 6 hours 110V
- Up to 160 km (100 mi) Range
- 2 Year Unlimited Warranty
- 140 ft-lbs torque
- AC Synchronous Electric Motor (up to 82hp)
- 0-100 kph – 8 Seconds
- 220 kph (Limited to 130kph) Top Speed
- 450 Kg Lightweight Aerospace Composite Chassis
The company inaugurated a new assembly plant in New Westminster where it is reportedly gearing up to produce the SOLO.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.