As Tesla is looking to almost double its annual vehicle production every year for the next few years, it has to significantly increase its headcount, which currently stands at just over 15,000 employees. Now Tesla is reportedly set to go on a hiring spree this weekend to hire “hundreds” of “production assembly associates” at a “massive” job fair in Fremont, California, according to job listings.
Tesla recently confirmed that it is currently working on increasing its production plans to minimize the wait for the Model 3 following the storm of reservations it received for the $35,000 all-electric sedan – approaching 400,000 cars as of the latest update.
The company is using the services of the West Valley Staffing Group, which has been recently advertising the upcoming job fair for Tesla.
The group writes in a local listing:
West Valley Staffing Group will be holding a massive hiring event at the Tesla Motors testing facility in Fremont on May 7th!
We are looking to hire hundreds of Production Assembly Associates at $17 per hour. apply today and start your new job as early as next week!
The “Tesla Motors testing facility” is the former Solyndra building Tesla started leasing last year at 901 Page Avenue, Fremont.
Interestingly, some of the positions are listed as “temporary”.
They have a long list of requirements for the positions. Here are just a few:
- The candidate should have hands-on experience and proven track record in production in any high quality cutting edge products
- Production environment with team involvement
- Possible weekend work and overtime required
- MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience
- Ability to perform physical work for extended periods of time
- Repeatedly lift objects up to 35lbs
- Repeatedly perform physical assembly operations, including pushing, pulling, gripping, twisting, reaching, etc
- Use of tools that may produce vibration during use
The company is also reportedly increasing its real estate presence near Fremont and added two new building totaling over 1 million sq-ft. Though the new locations are reportedly intended to be used as warehouses and therefore unlikely to be related to these “production” jobs.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.