“After reviewing all available data, the NHTSA has not found evidence at this time that would indicate the recent battery fire involving a Tesla Model S was the result of a vehicle safety defect or noncompliance with federal safety standards,” the agency said in a statement.
- Elon Musk talks about the Tesla Model S’s safety; Battery fire was statistical inevitability (electrek.co)
- Tesla Model S on Fire, caught on tape (Updated with details, statement) (electrek.co)
- Some observations on new Tesla Model X prototype shown at Palo Alto showroom (electrek.co)
- Tesla hires Apple Product Design and Development VP and Segway veteran Doug Field (electrek.co)
- Tesla expains Model S fire: Metal object at highway speed put 3-inch hole in battery armor (electrek.co)