Love this idea: You carry around a little Motor/battery pack and pop it on any bike. Rubbee is taking pre-orders on their Kickstarter page.
- Installs in 1 minute
- 25km (15 mile) /charge with a 2 hour recharge.
- 25km range
- Top speed: 25Km/hr
- 6,5 (kg)/13,2 (lb)
- Battery pack: 14,4V/ 20Ah/280Wh
The Rubbee Drive system fits every standard bicycle tyre from 16 in to 29 in (700c). Smaller tyre sizes may interrupt a smooth operational use. Width of the bicycle tyre may vary between 20mm to 60mm.
- Rubbee Friction Drive Electrifies Any Bike In Seconds (earthtechling.com)
- Turn Any Bike Into An Electric Bike, No Installation Necessary (popsci.com)
- Turn Your Bike Into an Electric Bike (sparkonit.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Stay up to date with the latest content by subscribing to Electrek on Google News. You’re reading Electrek— experts who break news about Tesla, electric vehicles, and green energy, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow Electrek on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our YouTube channel for the latest reviews.