This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy. This week we are going to mainly focus on the biggest story; the launch of the base $35,000, and all the craziness that came with it, but we will also discuss the new Nissan Leaf Plus, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla finally launches base Model 3 for $35,000 with shorter range and new interior
- Tesla changes entire sales strategy, makes sales online-only, closes stores w/layoffs
- Tesla says ‘Automatic driving on city streets’ including responding to traffic lights/stop signs coming this year
- Tesla releases new Model S battery pack, makes massive price drop, kills base Model X pack
- Elon Musk says Tesla unlikely to be profitable this quarter, TSLA stock falls
- Tesla (TSLA) stock regains as SEC overreach claimed on Elon Musk tweet ‘contempt’
- VW admits Tesla has advantage with EV because they don’t have to protect gas car business
- Nissan LEAF Plus first drive review: more of a good thing
- The Nissan Leaf Plus starts at $36,550
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.