This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla beating Q3 expectations with a profit, Tesla Model Y is moving forward, a new Tesla v9 update, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio will be available on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. For the Apple Podcasts app, grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla (TSLA) releases Q3 results: record $6.8 billion revenue and turns $312 million profit
- Tesla increases price of its new cheapest Model 3 just days after launch, reduces price of dual motor
- Tesla Model 3 Mid-Range battery pack energy capacity revealed, first units produced
- Tesla starts releasing Navigate on Autopilot feature with disappointing caveat, update with UI changes
- Tesla improves regenerative braking on Model 3 through over-the-air software update
- Tesla starts rolling out Model 3 key fob to lucky few owners
- Tesla to discontinue some Model S and Model X interiors to streamline production, says Elon Musk
- Tesla Gigafactory 3: land grading started at the site, Tesla reportedly secures loan to start building
- Tesla to build Model Y along with Model 3 at Gigafactory 3 in China, says filing
- Tesla to bring ‘some parts of Model 3 production’ to China as soon as next year
- Porsche Taycan spotted being benchmarked against older Tesla Model S
- GM calls for garbage ‘National Zero Emissions Vehicle (NZEV) Program’ that would let China keep the EV lead
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.