This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla opening up the Model 3 design studio to anyone in the latest move to stop ‘anti-selling’ the vehicle, Model 3 Performance version is about to become available, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla to stop ‘anti-selling’ Model 3 with Performance version hitting the market
- Tesla expands Model 3 Performance fleet for test drives, received ‘over 30,000’ drive requests
- Tesla Model 3 Performance version has a lower suspension and ‘stronger brakes’, Elon Musk confirms
- Tesla is opening Model 3 online configurator to everyone
- Tesla tries to get Model 3 buyers out the door in 5 mins during delivery as it ramps up
- Tesla confirms hitting federal tax credit threshold, $7,500 credit cut in half at end of 2018
- Ontario shuts down EV rebate just as Tesla Model 3 was blowing it up
- Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor and Performance CARB filing shows interesting range results
- Tesla makes Gigafactory 3 in China official, plans to start production in 2 years
- Tesla increases price of Model S and Model X by over $20,000 in China due to new trade-war tariffs
- Tesla finally starts deliveries of long-awaited Powerwall 2 Founders series signed by Elon Musk
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.