Earlier this year, we reported on the PSA group, which includes the French automotive brands Peugeot, Citroën and DS, announcing its plan for the electrification of its brands starting with two new electric vehicle platforms on which the company will build 4 new all-electric vehicles and 7 new plug-in hybrids by 2021.
One of the first vehicle to come to market under this new plan, although in limited-production will be the DS E-Tense all-electric supercar, which was spotted in the wild for the first time this week.
DS Automotive released some of the specs of the E-Tense at its unveiling at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year. The French automaker claims the car, which will be powered by a li-ion battery pack, will achieve a range of about 193 miles (310 km) on a single charge.
- Dimensions: 4.72 L x 2.08 W x 1.29 H
- Engine: 100% electric 402 hp
- Acceleration: 4.5 seconds from 0 to 100 km
- Range: 360 km (urban cycle) or 310 km (mixed cycle)
- Maximum torque: 516 Nm
- Top speed: 250 km/h
- Weight: 1.8 tons
- Tyres: MICHELIN Pilot Supersport Front: 245/35 ZR 20 Back: 305 /30 ZR 20
- 2-wheel drive system
- Carbon monocoque chassis
- Sound: Focal Utopia system, ninz loudspeakers, 640W, with a Digital Signal Processor for tuning
While the quality of the video is not great, the vehicle looks awesome from what we can see: