Electrek Home Community Automakers Tesla Tesla Model 3 Model 3 Canadian Order Issue

Tesla Model 3

Model 3 Canadian Order Issue

by Ian McKay | August 14, 2019 at 4:14 pm

I’ve been looking forward to getting a Model 3 since I stood in line on launch day to get a reservation.

Unfortunately their service in processing my order has left a sour taste in my mouth. Wondering if anyone else has had an issue getting their Model 3 in Canada.

I ordered in May after the Canadian federal incentive programme launched. I was deployed at the time with the RCN and asked for my delivery time be deferred until I got back in August. The agent at the QC location (closest place to Halifax) told me sure. He’d request delivery for 13 Aug.

Shortly before I get back to Canada and receive a call saying my file has been forwarded to a Florida office. The agent there says he’ll transfer my file to QC no problem. I don’t hear anything from Tesla after that.

I also get no answer to support tickets raised on their site, or to my emails and calls to the QC office. I call the North American toll free number on the 12th and the lady there who apparently oversees all Model 3 deliveries in Canada says no car has been assigned to my file.

Needless to say I didn’t get a Model 3 on the 13th. And the lady who said she’d email with an update on my situation has also now failed to follow-up.

I’m sure eventually I’ll get a Tesla delivered, but at this rate I don’t know when that will be.