This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including an exclusive look at Tesla Model 3 production and deliveries, the Tesla Semi goes on tour, Tesla’s take-private deal fails, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio will be available on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. For the Apple Podcasts app, grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- After infamous tweet, CEO Elon Musk says Tesla (TSLA) will stay public, board agrees
- Tesla (TSLA) stock tumbles as take-private deal fails, Volkswagen reportedly tried to invest and Musk sees a surge coming
- Tesla is on track for a production record this quarter but slightly behind ambitious Model 3 goal
- Tesla is building a new delivery organization to support insane workload of Model 3 deliveries
- Tesla Semi made it ‘across the country alone’ with only Supercharger network and an extension cord, says Elon Musk
- Watch Tesla Semi get test driven by UPS: ‘one smooth ride’, they say
- Tesla Semi drives to Iowa as part of customer tour, gives detail about app and remote diagnostic
- Tesla wins against Ontario gov as judge rules that phase-out of EV incentives is discriminatory
- Tesla Model 3 buyers in Ontario can now officially get the $14,000 EV incentive again until September 10
- Tesla is rolling out extra layer of security with ‘improved cryptography’ key fob and optional ‘PIN to Drive’ feature
- Tesla patents technology to automate turn signals to improve safety, reduce idiot factor
- Tesla decreases the price of Enhanced Autopilot after delivery temporarily, still hasn’t fixed Full Self-Driving price
- Tesla is bringing a ‘surprise’ car to Grand Basel’s selective ‘automotive masterpieces’ show
- Ford confirms its next-gen electric crossover will be inspired by the Mustang
- Mercedes-Benz unveils first picture of EQC electric SUV’s interior with giant instrument cluster
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe the podcast.