In this week’s top stories: Tesla releases several new features with software updates, the first used Model 3 hits the market, the first video of the Tesla Semi emerges, and much more. Head below for a full rundown of this week’s news…
We reported this week that Tesla has started pushing automatic emergency braking to Autopilot 2.5 cars. This update brings support for Tesla’s emergency braking feature, as well as new convenience features:
- the ability to manually adjust the distance at which Homelink automatically opens a door/gate.
- the ability to keep Climate Controls running for an extended period of time while the vehicle is parked.
Meanwhile, the Charlotte DMV has asked Tesla to stop giving test drives out of its gallery location in the city. Tesla doesn’t operate a full store in Charlotte due to direct sales restrictions, but its massive retail space has instead been marketed as a gallery, offering test drives and more to potential customers.
As for the Model 3, Tesla this week said that it is releasing a new Model 3 software update to calibrate Autopilot for more features. We also got our first look at an upcoming ‘tuned’ Model 3, while the car also started hitting resell markets at insane price points.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below…
- First used Tesla Model 3 is listed for sale at $150,000
- Tesla is releasing software update with new convenience features, enabling ‘real camper mode’
- Tesla is adding automatic emergency braking to ‘Autopilot 2.5’ cars with new update
- Tesla is releasing new Model 3 software update to calibrate Autopilot for more features
- Tesla is asked by DMV to stop giving test drives out of Charlotte gallery
- First ‘tuned’ Tesla Model 3 spotted in New Mexico
- Tesla Semi working test mule potentially captured on video for first time
- Over 35,000 Tesla owners bought ‘fully self-driving’ feature despite still being unavailable, sources say
- Tesla starts installing more solar roof systems
- Early Tesla Model 3 owners are testing the market with insane resale prices
- Tesla is expanding its insurance program to the US and Canada
- Tesla fires hundreds of employees after ‘performance reviews’
- Understanding Norway’s new proposed ‘Tesla tax’ on electric cars
- Tesla is issuing a voluntary recall for Model X vehicles due to a problem with second row seats
- Tesla could get hit by a new tax proposed by EV-friendly Norway
- Tesla (TSLA) stock rises as Morgan Stanley praises its EV infrastructure advantage
- The Dutch government confirms plan to ban new petrol and diesel cars by 2030
- Tacita launches new electric motorcycle cruiser with a massive battery pack
- Nvidia unveils new supercomputer for level 5 autonomous driving
- Opinion: Like Don Quixote, Coal & Oil stooge Scott Pruitt will fail in his fight against windmills
- Porsche unveils development electric Cayman e-volution with 800-volt charging system
- A weird new EV platform ‘turns humans into self-driving cars’
Solar & Wind |
- JinkoSolar and Fraunhofer ISE break solar efficiency records for everyday solar panels
- Four new solar panel technologies in pictures
- Here’s how much of the ocean would need to be covered in wind turbines to power Earth
- Solar inverters are evolving to support smart home energy storage
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.